Saturday, December 1, 10-1, Washington A
Using Drupal to Build a Convention Website, led by James Shields
- Saturday 10:00 - 10:50, Part I: Building a Convention Website with Drupal - The Basics, Washington A
- What is a Content Management System (CMS)? What are the advantages
over traditional Websites? We then look at the background of Drupal
and its modules, and then set it up on a Webserver and create a
simple convention Website and add some simple Webpages.
- Saturday 11:00 - 11:50, Part II: Building a Convention Website
with Drupal - Making It Look Good, Washington A
- How do you create custom content types using Drupal? We look at
ways of presenting content with views. We round off with an
introduction to Drupal themes and customising the site
- Saturday 12:00 - 12:50, Part III: Building a Convention Website
with Drupal - Enhancing Member Functionality, Washington A
- How do we enhance user functionality? We look at Drupal users and groups, access control, and adding member-only features such as forums, wikis, and surveys. We will also look at other modules that can be used to enhance a convention Website.
In addition to these related workshop sessions, James will also
give a presentation on "Using Drupal for Convention Registration" on
Friday afternoon at 4pm in Washington A.
Are you a Smofcon 30 member interested in Drupal?
Sign-up for the Drupal Workshop. This workshop is limited to 20.
You can sign-up for one, two or all three sessions. For example,
if you have some exposure to Drupal, you might want to skip